1/2 stick of butter
1/3 cup flour
1 1/2 cups chicken broth (I use 1 can of chicken broth)
2 cups half and half (nonfat)
1 3/4 tsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
2 (4oz.) cans diced green chilies OR 1 large can diced green chilies (7 oz.)
6 cooked/shredded or chopped chicken breasts
2 cans Navy Beans (Bush brand), undrained
2 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
Melt butter and whisk in flour. Gradually add the broth and cook til it thickens. Add half and half. Whisk constantly so it won't burn, simmer until thick. Then add in the chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Then add chilies, chicken, navy beans and cheese. Serve with sour cream and tortilla chips.
**** I often buy a rotisserie chicken and after pulling off the skin and deboning it, I put all the chicken into the soup. It gives the soup a wonderful flavor and makes it extra easy to make.****
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment